One of the books I bought was a little $5 book titled 101 Simple Suppers. You know what, they ain't kidding, the book is chocked full of really tasty and simple recipes. Do yourself a favor, try the one I just made, the Pasta and Haddock Bake, the original recipe called for Cod, but I couldn't get it in my fish markt that day, so I settled for haddock. The picture may not scream sexy, but this dish made me come back for seconds, which I never do, I pretty much have a one plate rule, lest we forget the promise I made to myself to never have to wear elastic waist pants.
- 12oz pasta shells
- 6 thick slices bacon cut into strips
- 12 oz tomato sauce; zest of one lemon
- 1lb cod fillets cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 3tbs chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2oz freshly grated cheddar or parmesan.
- Cook pasta in slated boiling water for 10-12 minutes
- Cook bacon for 5 minutes, until crisp (drain grease). Add the tomato sause and stir well until it starts to bubble. Stir in lemon zest and add codd (haddock). Cover and cook for four mintes
- Preheat broiler. Drain pasta and stir into the sauce with the creme fraiche and parsely. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into shallow heatproof dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top and broil until cheese is melted and golden.
You can substitute shrimp for the bacon, and use dill instead of parsley. Eat It. Stuff Your Face. Enjoy!