Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Dip


This is another recipe from the Healthy Cooking magazine that I picked up in the Chicago airport last month (while waiting for hours on end for my plane to arrive.) It's simple and delicious and just screams eat me, which is funny, because sometimes when I get mad, I scream "eat me" too.

It's great.

Recipe
1 cup (8oz bar) fat free cream cheese
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp all spice (optional)

Cream the cream cheese until smooth, add the powdered sugar slowly until all incorporated. Add the pumpkin, and spices. Mix well. Chill for 1 - 2 hours. Serve with cinnamon pita chips and fresh fruit slices.

3 comments:

wheresmymind said...

What an incredible fall dish...I'd serve it with roasted/salted pumpkin seeds on the side :)

Anonymous said...

what, no pumpkin bread recipe? I'm surprised I haven't seen that surface since you're an accomplished baker by now... it is the season.

JB said...

I actually just pulled out Momma Speck's recipe the other day and will most likely make it this week. It will be my week o pumpkin recipes.

JB