Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Corn, Black Bean and Cilantro Salsa

Last night after a quick trip to America's Test Kitchen with Jeff and Stephanie from C for Cooking we headed back to my place for some wine (only the most expensive beaujolais for us, 3 buck chuck) I wanted to see what the taste difference was between the Charles Shaw selling for $2.99 and the popular Le Beaujolais Nouveau from Romanèche-Thorins selling for $10.99 would be. I actually thought that the $3 wine didn't drink like a cheap wine, I actually thought it was rather lovely. I'm also not the type of person who bases the value of a wine on it's price tag - my thought is if you like it, drink it, no matter what the cost.

Stephanie, Jeff's wife is a pescetarian, meaning she doesn't eat animal meat, but does eat seafood. So for our appetizer and wine night I stuck to strictly vegetarian fare. This is a very lively fresh salsa that I made the night before. It is so simple to make, but also the taste is simple and fresh.

Recipe:
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn drained and rinsed
1/2 onion diced
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
the juice of one lemon
olive oil to coat

Mix all together. Enjoy.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

You'll have to tell us how you liked the Washington State wine Steph brought over! Well...as long as CB don't drink it with his friends without you ;)