Monday, December 18, 2006

Mish Mash Turkey Balls


I needed to make a quick appetizer on Friday night for CB's boss, his boss' wife and his coworker who were meeting at our house before we went out to dinner. Due to the fact that I have been partying like a freakin rock star every night all over the City, (occupational hazard: business development director = lots of drinking and entertaining possible future clients, business development director during holiday season = cirrhosis of the liver, hang overs, dehydration, no food in house to speak of) So about an hour before everyone showed up I turned to the freezer and rummaged through there to find anyuthing that may turn into a palatable appetizer. The ground turkey seemed like the winner out of what was tucked away in the artic temps. I defrosted the meat, then added a hearty amount of panko style bread crumbs, 1 egg, a spat of ketchup, a few shakes of worcestershire sauce, and a little parsley, sea salt, and pepper. Other things may have made it into the bowl, but I can't quite remember - (see: business development description during holiday)

When all ingredients were well incorporated I rolled them into little bite size balls and placed them in a 350 oven for 30 minutes, While still hot I grated parmesan cheese over the top. Everyone kept saying how great they were. That was a relief.

4 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I think this could've only been better if you had fried them after baking them ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could wing it like that. Sounds great.

Unknown said...

I am loving your recipes and your writing is so fun to read. You are a riot!

You should write a novel.

JB said...

Grace - thanks so much for your kind words. I've actually started the beginnings of a novel. I don't have that much confidence in it going much further than just me writing it in fits and starts, but I would really like to see if I can finish it at some point. Thanks again for your comment.