Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rosemary, Sea Salt, Pepper Crusted Pork

So, even though we are in the middle of January, my herbs seems to be doing rather well in their little clay pots. One wall of the kitchen is a sliding glass door that leads to the deck. When the sun is shining the kitchen becomes extremely warm for a few hours as the suns rays pour in through and are magnified by the glass. This offers a wonderful area for my plants to thrive; the magnified heat seems to help them stave off the cold that takes over the house after the sun goes down. My rosemary plant seems to be doing the best out of all of the herbs, it just doesn't seem as fickle as the basil or even the oregano, and every time I cut it back it seems to grow in wild directions. It's great. So, for this rub I decided to cut back the rosemary and chop up the fresh leaves, I combined that with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. I then rubbed it all over the pork loin and let it marinate for about 10 hours. After the ten hours had passed I just placed in a 400 degree oven for an hour. I only wish that his dish had made drippings for pan gravy, because even though the meat was fragrant and flavorful because of the marinating, it did seem a little dry when served alone with starch and veg.

This recipe rates in at = Damn Good

No comments: