Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Turkey Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce


I'm starting to become comfortable enough in the kitchen to try making my own recipes every once and a while. Last night I decided to try and make home made raviolis using wonton skins, and then create a sauce using some left over ingredients from recipes I had made earlier in the week. For the raviolis I mixed ground turkey with half a jar of cranberry, apple, orange relish and some fresh chopped parsley. I placed a little less than a tablespoon onto each wonton skin and covered with an additional skin sealing with water so that the edges didn't separate. I then placed the wontons in boiling water that had a little olive oil in it to stop the raviolis from sticking together. I really didn't know what to do for the sauce, so I put a little butter in a sauté pan with onion, parsley and freshly chopped sage, after the onion had become translucent I added 1/3 of dry white wine and let it cook off, when the alcohol had cooked off I added enough cream to create a sauce for all of the raviolis.

The result was a very slippery, yet extremely tasty dinner, the turkey with the cranberry really tasted amazing, and the sage in the sauce really brought all of the flavors together. I will definitely be making my own raviolis again; however, I think I will look for pastry sheets for the next batch.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

wheresmymind said...

mmm...you totally beat me to a homemade ravioli post!!

PatL said...

Hi, JB, thanks for stopping by and sharing about your Nana. This recipe looks like a natural for the leftovers event over at cooking chat, if you would care to submit it?

http://cookingchat.blogspot.com/2006/12/announcing-leftover-tuesdays.html