Friday, January 12, 2007

Update: I'm a WINNER

So, again with the no food post, but I just have to let you know that I found out yesterday that, I, we, us, won one of the big jobs we were pursuing. Yeah - I can feel the accountants jump off my back one by one. We are still waiting to hear from one other college, but they have informed us that it will be at least three weeks until we hear, due to scheduling conflicts among the board of trustees.

The interview however went smashingly well and I would be surprised if we didn't pull the upset among the big hoity toity *starchitect* firms we are up against. Keep your fingers crossed for the next three weeks, even if they get all cramped and disfigured damn it, I want this job.

Also, I have been thinking a lot about how I quantify the level of satisfaction I have with some of the recipes I prepare. It seems that I have created my own little rating system whcih I will now share with you so that when I make reference to it in future food posts you will understand what the hell I mean.

Good = is just that good, I'm not doing back flips, I may make it again I may not.
Damn Good = better than good, definitely added to the arsenal of acceptable recipes
So Damn Good = do you see a pattern here
So God Damn Good = think, When Harry Met Sally

This rating system will be used in all further posts so that you can get an idea of where the recipe is among the scale.

And now, to leave you with a little nugget from my friend Stewie from Family Guy. "Soooo Broccoli, Mother says you're very good for me. But I'm afraid I'm no good for you."

PS, Broccoli doesn't make it onto my scale because I think it tastes like farts.

3 comments:

wheresmymind said...

So, does this qualify as a "So Damn Good" moment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8orpBGRudOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEnxhY7gVA

Anonymous said...

What do you call a stalker that stalks another stalker? That would be me. I like your scale, but broccoli is very offended.

Anonymous said...

Congrats -- so I guess getting that business is So God Damn Good.