Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Moratorium

Definition: Moratorium
A suspension of activity
An authorized period of delay or waiting

I won't be able to post until next week - oh I know the horror, how will you ever live without my hair brained recipes for thingies! In truth, I am traveling for work, I'm very excited about this because I'm going to a conference to learn about environmentally conscious design. I realize that right now environmentalism is very in vogue, but this is not a fly by the pants thing for me. I have been interested in and exhibited environmentally sensitive behavior for a very long time now. The best part of this trip is that I will get to hear Al Gore speak about his book/film An Inconvenient Truth, and possibly have him autograph a copy for me while I'm there (I'm not about to wait in a line all day, but if it doesn't look too bad, I'll get in line).

Now I realize that Al Gore hasn't actually been the pundit on a lot of topics, a la I invented the Internet while I was Vice President and all, but on this topic, the man knows his shit, and even better he's got a lot of people talking and thinking about the impact that human behavior has on the environment and the world, and because of that I can forgive the whole Internet thing.

As is the case when I am out of the office trying to get work, my actual work in the office doesn't get done, so when I get back I'll be crazy busy trying to catch up on that stuff, so the earliest I think I can post is Monday. I'll have Internet access and all that, so if you leave me a post or an email I'll be able to get it and respond, and you know how much I love hearing from you, so please feel free to do so. Also, I'll be on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, so if you know of any really good restaurants there, pretty please let me know; we all know how well I ate in Atlanta because I didn't ask the advice of other foodie bloggers.

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed.
~Mohandas K. Gandhi

No comments: