Thursday, March 06, 2008

International Women's Day....and My Birthday

So Saturday is International Women's Day. It's also my birthday, which I find appropriate because I'm a raging feminist...oh wait, that's not right...I'm a raging bitch. Kidding? don't count on it. I had no idea that March 8th was International Women's Day, and I'm not sure how one is supposed to go around celebrating such an occasion, but I intend to spend it with friends, maybe drink a little too much wine, and eat a little too much delightfully rich food and then open presents from my dear husband who always is so thoughtful with gifts, especially birthday gifts.

I also want to mention that I didn't post this week because I was in Pittsburgh for work, which in and of itself was a bit blah, but I did find a few hours to spent some time in the Andy Warhol Museum which was a lot of fun. If you find yourself in Pittsburgh with a little time to spare, do check it out. There was an amazing installation there by an artist names Ron Mueck that was just one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. If you have the opportunity to see one of his installations, please go, see it.

And I do have to mention that March is one of my busiest months for work and I will be all but absent from the blog until the end of March. I will try to post some things here and there, but this will probably be it until at least March 26th when my business travel will ease.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy, daylight savings time enjoying month and I can't wait to write to you at the end of it.

All my best - talk to you soon. JB

2 comments:

DJ said...

I just stumbled across your blog via a search for banana bread and I LOVE it! Your photos are great, you like pasta and baking... I'll be visiting again!!

JB said...

DJ,
I'm so glad you found my blog, as soon as I'm done travelling I look forward to sharing more posts. I just received the veganomicon cookbook for my birthday and I'm so excited to try some of the recipes.
JB