Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Lovin

Remember when summer seemed so long...when it was relaxing and slow. I looked at the calendar this morning and was completely dumbfounded by the date...July 15th. Where did the summer go, how is it that the fourth of July has passed and I'm making plans for the fall. 12 precious weekends stud the summer months and I can't find one that will be filled with summer sun, laying on a blanket and reading a book.

I hate NPR and their list of the best beach reads, because to me it's like a bratty kid with it's tongue stuck out saying "na-na-na-na-na-na...you don't have time to relax and read any of these books".

Ugh, what I would give for one sweet smelling, relaxing day at the beach, with no fear of sunburn and my nose firmly planted in a good book, and maybe, possibly, a cabana boy delivering frosty pina coladas to me every 45 minutes or so.

Remember when summer seemed so long...

No comments: