Friday, August 29, 2008

Checking In

No. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just can't seem to leave the office early enough to cook or bake or do anything besides grab a cocktail and then go to bed. This has been my life for the past month or so; get up at 5:25, run for an hour, shower, get ready for work, go to work...work...work...work, come home, grab a cocktail, get in pajamas, go to bed.

Not very exciting...its been rather stressful. Yesterday I almost could have just put my head down on my desk and cried...I'm just so burned out with work and there really isn't an end to the onslaught of deadlines that face me. You know that reoccurring dream that everyone has where you're trying to run away from something, but you can't run fast enough, and then your feet become so heavy that you just seem to tread water in the same place never making any progress in getting away from whatever is chasing you...that's how I felt yesterday at work...it seemed a new deadline just attached itself to the one in front of it...again and again.

I shouldn't complain, I know. I should consider myself lucky that in this economy I'm faced with too much work, but it doesn't make the deadlines softer and it actually puts more pressure on me to "perform.' So just give me this little bitch session and I'll be on my way...back to work.

So, the long weekend...maybe I'll have time to bake. I don't know. I've got my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm so glad you're able to run. Exercise will keep you sane. I used to have a very similar dream, sometimes there was slogging through jello.