Monday, November 24, 2008

Goal...and Pumpkin Biscotti

Not, sure how, but I managed to get 1.5 full pounds below goal while traveling. Maybe it was stress, because I've most definitely been stressed, or maybe its been the fact that I haven't had access to my nightly hot cocoa, whipped cream and biscotti. Maybe.

So, now I'm officially maintaining. So, yeah, I get three more points per day. I know exactly how I'm going to spend them this week....SPIKED EGGNOG! Yes, Sir-E Bub. I can't wait.

Anyway...just got back in the office from being on the road...and I got a new computer while I was away, so lots of things to manage. Will post the recipe later.

Ok. Here's the recipe. I made another batch last night to bring to my mother in laws for Thanksgiving. Think of it as my personal olive branch.

Pumpkin Biscotti | 1 WW pt
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp clove
EnerG Egg Replacer for two eggs (or you can use two egg whites)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.
Sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
Whisk the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together. Pour into the flour mixture.
Flour surface and hands and knead dough, this will take a while, it will be crumbly at first, but it will all come together with a little elbow grease.

Form the dough into two equal size balls, and then form each ball into a log about 12 inches long and 2-3 inches wide. This way you get 12 biscotti for each log and you can easily portion the WW points, it's one per biscotti when you make 24.

Bake the biscotti at 350 degrees for 22-30 minutes (I did 27 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. When slightly cool cut each log on an angle into 12 pieces. Place the biscotti cut side down on the baking dish and bake for an additional 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, flip biscotti and bake on the other side for 10 minutes. 

The biscotti still may be a little chewy after this, but if allowed to sit overnight, should harden and be perfect for dipping into cocoa, coffee or hot cider.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

4 comments:

Jennywenny said...

Good for you, I'm officially failing miserably at losing weight!

IDOLBEAT said...

I would like this recipe too - sounds perfect with hot cider!

JB said...

IdolBeat....the recipe is now posted, enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I'm doing WW too and really appreciate you posting these recipes. Good luck with maintaining!