Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grilled Tempeh Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce


Yum. I got this recipe from one of my old VegNews magazines and I don't know why it took me so long to make it, because it was really really good. And, it was simple to put together. The skewers had tempeh, red onion, red pepper and nectarines, and I was shocked by how well the red onion and nectarine went together. I think I am going to have to try this flavor combination again, maybe a nectarine and red onion compote...I don't know. Have any of you ever used a recipe that called for nectarines and red onion together?

I feel like I don't have any funny stories to share with you. I feel a little lame. Let me see, let me see. Nope, I got nothin'. How is this possible? Oh, well, here's a little something, the other day CB pronounced that our house and I quote "smells like farts." I think there is something wrong with him because I have never thought our house smells like farts, well, except for the week I ate that pound of brussel sprouts in two days, maybe then, but since then, I don't seem to see/smell a problem. I'm blaming the cat, which may be possible because he is on thyroid medicine because he's old and needs a little help with his digestive system - so maybe it's the cat, and I'm that old woman who lives with 47 cats and can't smell them and they jump all over the counter and reek havoc and I'm oblivious. I don't think so though - I think CB was having a bad day and was just smelling his own bad attitude.

So - I left the recipe for this at home so I will post it later tonight when I get home. But, please do try this, it was wonderful.

Rating = Damn Good

1 comment:

stoned fox said...

You're looking for a funny story? On a food blog? How about something with goats?