Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Broccoli Carrot Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing

First, I was a little shocked at the outcome of Dancing with the Stars last night.I really thought that Giles (sp?) deserved to win. And he seemed like he really wanted the gody mirror ball trophy too. But, Shawn, she danced like a champion and came away with the goods. I can't believe I watch this show. Last night I thought to myself. I must be getting old, because I'm watching the Dancing with the Stars finale and I haven't even seen one episode of American Idol this year. It must be a sign of my continued aging process.

So, again, no recipe just items in the fridge and pantry thrown together. Here's what I did. I took two heads of broccoli and steamed them for five minutes until they were bright green. When they were cool enough to touch I chopped them up into small pieces (florets and stems) I then grated two carrots on a box grater and added them to the broccoli. In a separate larger bowl I combine two big spoonfuls of low fat mayonnaise, about a tablespoon and a half of whole grain mustard and a few big tablespoons of honey and seasoned with salt and pepper. I then added the broccoli and carrots to the dressing and tossed to coat. I then added a few handfuls of golden raisins and a few handfuls of toasted sunflower seeds and combined those in with the broccoli and carrots. That's it. Too easy right?


A quick and easy summer side.


Rating = Damn Good

No comments: