Friday, August 21, 2009

Randon Thought b/c it's too damn hot to cook

This week the only thing I have had for lunch is cottage cheese, salsa, crusty bread, and vegetables.
All cold, all requiring absolutely no heat at all because it has been HOT AS BALLS here in the northeast.

Man, I wanted to cook, I wanted to bake and use all the carrot recipes that you sent me, but I would rather chew glass than turn that oven on. So. I leave you with this random thought that was sent to me this morning.

Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

This made me laugh out loud. Because I've done it. Not a lot, but it's happened on occasion.

I swear people, as soon as it's not so hot that you get boob sweat just sitting around. I'll be baking and cooking again. Also, my dad is going to come up and help me attempt to can for the first time. I'm going to try and make relish and jelly. Wish me luck and all that crap.

Have a great weekend, see you on the flip side.
Jules

4 comments:

Pam said...

I do that (checking my watch or my cell or something) all the time. I may still look like an idiot, but at least I look like an idiot who needs to be somewhere.

Have you heard about the canning event going on in Somerville at the end of the month? I'll be there :)

Lexi said...

I just started reading your blog a little while back so I don't know if comments are welcome, but I can honestly say this post just about made my night due to the phrase "boob sweat" and your anecdote.

Thanks for a good laugh!
Lexi

JB said...

Lexi, comments are always welcome, please don't be shy. Comment away. Thanks.

JB said...

Pam, I hadn't heard about this event. Thank you for letting me know. I'd love to go, but its the same day that my dad is supposed to come and teach me how to can. Have a great time at it, and let me know how the event is and what goodies you come home with.
Jules