Friday, April 09, 2010

Reader Challenge #2 - Artichoke and Snow Peas | Brown Rice Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Snow Peas and Artichoke Hearts

I am kicking the crap out of this challenge. I actually found two recipes for this combination, one a side dish and the other a main course. I decided that I wanted the side dish, but I may go back and make the pasta dish at a later time. 

This brown rice salad is awesome. I loved it. Hallie, you're a genius for thinking of this combination, and you know its good when your dinner guests ask for seconds and thirds. The recipe actually came from Fitness Magazine. I think this may be the first recipe I've ever found in a fitness magazine that I've actually made (internal thought: must look at more fitness magazine websites for recipes). Push HERE to be taken to the original recipe. See below for how I changed it just slightly.

Brown Rice Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Snow Peas and Artichoke Hearts
1 cup snow peas (about 30) trimmed
1 jar marinated artichokes drained (6oz) (I fully realize this was cheating, but I just was not ready to tackle an artichoke yet)
1/2 cup fat free Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
3 cups cooked brown rice chilled
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
15 sundried tomatoes (dry packed) thinly sliced


In a large bowl combine all ingredients including baby spinach, toss well to coat the spinach and the brown rice with dressing. Serve at room temperature.


Rating = So Damn Good


I only have one more reader challenge, which is sad because I'm really liking this challenge.

1 comment:

MrsMollyK said...

how about Strawberries and Cucumbers?