Monday, July 19, 2010

Meet the Famous "Avocado Lime Dip"

This is the dip that made all the ladies swoon and say..."ooh, you have to post this recipe". For those of you who haven't tried it, do yo'self a favor and make a batch, and for the ladies who did try it at my house, leave a post to say how much it rocked.


This is another recipe ripped from the pages of Vegetable Planet. 


Avocado Lime Dip


1 Haas avocado peeled and pitted
3 tbsp lime juice (I used the zest of the lime as well)
3 tbsp sour cream
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp ground coriander
1 garlic clove minced
3 tsp canola oil (the recipe called for 1/4 cup which I thought was obnoxious.
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
(I also added a little fresh mined jalapeno)


In a food processor combine lime juice, zest, sour cream, cilantro, coriander and garlic. Blend well. With processor still running add the oil (I actually think because I lowered the amount so much you can just add in the first step). Mix in salt and pepper to taste.


This can be stored (covered) in the fridge for 5 days.


Rating = So God Damn Good


Oh, 
PS
Wanna feel old, it's the 20th anniversary of Mariah Carey's first album. Gulp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That recipe looks great -- I need to check out that cookbook. By the way, your garden looks great. I would love a garden, hey even a pot full of basil. I have to resort to my trek to the Farmers Market in Coolidge Corner or Copley. But come on $3.50/lb for tomatoes, and $5.00 for really cool looking heirloom ones. I passed on that. I am going to try the dip once I pick up sourcream (or I'll try subbing greek yogurt if I have on hand). Thanks. I really enjoy checking out your blog.